LDC Unsung Hero Award.
At the 2014 LDC Conference in Manchester, a motion was passed agreeing to a yearly award from the Conference to "unsung" heroes of the LDC world.
The Agenda Committee has created a structure for the judging of the award, as well as some guidelines for nominations, and invite LDCs to consider if they wish to nominate. Please use the form provided via the link below, and return as instructed on the form.
Guidelines for the Unsung Hero Award.
- Each LDC may submit one nominee per annum should they wish. The nominee should have the approval of the majority of the LDC.
- The nominee to be a dentist who has voluntarily served the LDC in an honorary position of Chair, Secretary or Treasurer, and has not gone on to national or other elected roles in the profession.
- Nominees may be submitted in subsequent years if not successful.
- Nominations will be invited from LDCs each spring by email using the LDC newsletter and other media.
- Closing date for nominations is Friday 12 April 2021.
- The judging panel will be made up of the past LDC Conference Chair [who chairs this panel] and the two prior Chairs of Conference. Discussions will be made by electronic means and will be communicated to the LDC Agenda Committee for their April [or subsequent] meeting.
- The presentation will be in the form of a certificate and trophy, and will be made by the Conference Chair.
- Where a LDC Conference Dinner takes place; the award recipient will receive two tickets for the dinner. Travel and accommodation for the award recipient and their guest to be funded by the nominating LDC.
- There will usually be just one recipient each year.